By Feipeng Liu
A step by step educational with greater than 60 concise recipes on Android NDK improvement skills.
• construct, debug, and profile Android NDK apps.
• enforce a part of Android apps in local C/C++ code.
• Optimize code functionality in meeting with Android NDK.
Building Android functions may often suggest that you just spend your whole time operating in Java. There are besides the fact that occasions whilst this isn't the most productive or top process for the applying being outfitted. this is often the place Android NDK comes in.
Android NDK permits the developer to jot down in local C/C++, supplying you with the ability to reuse code and libraries and in addition, generally, elevate the rate and potency of your application.
The Android local improvement package Cookbook might help you know the improvement, development, and debugging of your local Android purposes. we'll notice and examine JNI programming and crucial NDK APIs corresponding to OpenGL ES, and the local software API. we'll then discover the method of porting present libraries and software program to NDK. by way of the top of this e-book it is possible for you to to construct your personal apps in NDK apps.
Android local improvement package Cookbook starts with uncomplicated recipes to help you within the development and debugging of local apps, and JNI programming. The recipes conceal quite a few issues of program improvement with Android NDK resembling OpenGL programming and Multimedia programming. we are going to commence with an easy recipe, hi NDK, ahead of relocating directly to hide complicated subject matters with recipes on OpenGL ES that concentrate on 2nd and 3D pics, in addition to recipes that debate operating with NDK and exterior APIs. while you are trying to find how one can make your software to be had in Android and take measures to spice up your application’s functionality, then this Cookbook is for you.
What you are going to research from this book
• improve Android apps in C/C++ and not using a unmarried line of Java.
• application 2D/3D pictures with either OpenGL ES 1x and 2.0 in Android NDK.
• Write multi-threaded Android apps in Android NDK.
• Port present C/C++ libraries and functions to Android with NDK.
• advance multimedia Android apps with Android NDK.
This booklet is written in a Cookbook kind, starting with recipes which specialize in aiding builders make their software/application on hand in Android.
Who this booklet is written for
Android builders who are looking to research Android NDK programming, or enhance multimedia and video games in Android NDK will take advantage of this publication.
Read Online or Download Android Native Development Kit Cookbook PDF
Best programming books
Thoroughly revised version, now overlaying Snow Leopard!
Springing from the unique Vermont Recipes website, the place lots of today’s Cocoa builders obtained their commence, Cocoa Recipes for Mac OS X, moment version is a programming cookbook that exhibits you ways to create an entire Mac OS X program. during this up-to-date version, writer invoice Cheeseman employs a pragmatic, step by step process for development a software from begin to end utilizing the Cocoa frameworks. He starts through growing the venture utilizing Xcode and designing and construction the person interface with Interface Builder, after which he fills within the information anticipated of any operating software, similar to coping with records and home windows, establishing the most menu, and configuring controls. Later recipes help you upload very important gains akin to a personal tastes window, printing, a aid publication, and AppleScript help. The e-book concludes with a dialogue of deployment of your comprehensive product and steps you could take to discover extra positive factors. outfitted with the services and real-world ideas during this e-book, programmers with a few wisdom of C and Objective-C can quick grasp the craft of writing Cocoa courses for Mac OS X.
* Written for C and Objective-C programmers who are looking to faucet the extreme energy and suppleness designed into the Cocoa frameworks, in addition to for knowledgeable Cocoa builders trying to expand their skills.
* by way of following the book’s recipes for making a whole Cocoa program, readers can retrace a similar steps to jot down any document-based Cocoa program.
* comprises the newest thoughts for writing Cocoa purposes for Mac OS X v10. 6 Snow Leopard.
* venture resource documents can be found on the net at www. peachpit. com/cocoarecipes.
Specializes in versatile and strong collections of computing and addressing advanced optimization difficulties. Outlines packaged software program category libraries to permit researchers to speculate extra attempt in studying higher algorithms.
The product(book)was bought from their site and it indexed CD was once integrated. I obtain the e-book minus the CD. It used to be in actual fact indicated that the CD used to be a part of the e-book package deal. the vendor made no tried to right this and in accordance with their unwilliness to solve this challenge i wouldn't suggest this corporation.
- Social Media Mining with R
- Conference record of the Thirteenth Annual ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages : papers presented at the Symposium, Trade Winds Hotel, St. Petersburg Beach, Florida, 13-15 January 1986
- Compiling with Continuations
- Extreme Programming with Ant: Building and Deploying Java Applications with JSP, EJB, XSLT, XDoclet, and JUnit (Developers Library)
- Effective C++: 55 Specific Ways to Improve Your Programs and Designs (3rd Edition)
- Maran Illustrated Microsoft Excel 2003, maranGraphics
Additional resources for Android Native Development Kit Cookbook
We are going to intentionally misplace a semicolon at the end of line 8. This will cause a compiler error. 4. Click the Run button. You can see that something will go wrong when we try to compile and run our app. We have a compiler error, a red pointer, and the notices in the Xcode IDE denote this. See Figure 2–21. When we write Objective-C code, everything is important—even semicolons, capitalization, and parentheses. The collection of rules that enable our compiler to compile our code to an executable app is called syntax.
This will cause a compiler error. 4. Click the Run button. You can see that something will go wrong when we try to compile and run our app. We have a compiler error, a red pointer, and the notices in the Xcode IDE denote this. See Figure 2–21. When we write Objective-C code, everything is important—even semicolons, capitalization, and parentheses. The collection of rules that enable our compiler to compile our code to an executable app is called syntax. NSLog is a function that will print out the contents of its parameters in the console.
Figure 3–3. ASCII Characters 43 44 CHAPTER 3: It’s All About the Data Unicode Representing characters with a byte worked well for computers until about the 1990s, when the personal computer became widely adopted in non-Western countries where languages have more than 256 characters. Instead of a 1-byte character set, Unicode can have up to a 4-byte character set. In order to facilitate faster adoption, the first 256 code points are indicial to the ASCII character table. Unicode can have different character encodings.
Android Native Development Kit Cookbook by Feipeng Liu